United Biosource Supercharges Growth Through End-to-End Sales & Marketing Solution on Salesforce®
United Biosource (UBC), a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, was recently acquired by a private equity firm, ending the company’s relationship with its parent company, Express Scripts. UBC was no longer able to leverage shared services from Express Scripts, so UBC needed to develop its own contract management solution.
UBC partnered with Xceede Solutions to create a standalone contracting workflow and document repository, data management and sales prospecting tools, and to replace UBC’s sales/proposals workflow and forecast tool and convert that data into a scalable Salesforce®-based CRM.
“We needed Xceede to scale their solution delivery quickly because we didn’t have our own IT lead, only subject matter experts,” explains Brian Vander Pol, UBC’s Director of Business Development. “The divestiture increased the velocity of our needs quickly, and I am very satisfied with the support Xceede is providing.”
To achieve these goals, Xceede developed an end-to-end sales and marketing solution created to take advantage of the robust power of Salesforce. Specifically, we:
- Re-implemented Sales Cloud and added functionality to provide sales management capabilities including Sales Intelligence, Opportunity Management, Proposal Management, and Analytics & Reporting.
- Implemented a data integration process to import data from BioMed Tracker, an industry-specific data set, that will allows sales to prospect potential clients and opportunities.
- Implemented D&B Optimizer which ensures data cleanliness and accuracy for UBC’s global pharmaceutical client base.
- Implemented a Proposal Management process that integrates with Sharepoint.
- Implemented Master Data Management around account data, using Dun & Bradstreet’s Optimizer for Salesforce.
These are all part of the Phase I solution. Xceede is beginning implementation of Phase II now, which includes such tasks as implementing a Contract Management solution.
“This project is essentially a full renovation of the house, in terms of providing end-to-end solutions in every area of sales and marketing,” explains Xceede Solutions President and CEO Sanjiv Teelock. “We have consulted closely with them to understand the business needs that are driving their sales and marketing technology needs.”
”I have come to trust and rely on Xceede’s general business expertise. I pressure test our ideas with Xceede before we make any changes because I trust their experience and knowledge. Both their technical skills and general business acumen has been invaluable to UBC.Brian Vanderpol
Since Phase I implementation, UBC has had more than 250 (and counting) prospecting opportunities created for the sales team, and has Sales Intelligence visibility into 7,000+ drugs currently in development.
In addition to these hard results, UBC has:
- Improved prospecting activities using BioMed Tracker sales intelligence data.
- Increased ability to track marketing campaign ROI.
- Boosted executive team visibility on sales, pipeline and prospecting.
- Increased accountability of the sales team.
- Improved visibility around proposals.
- Created a new capability for managing and streamlining their contracting processes.
“We are close to having a sophisticated sales workflow and reporting solution fully implemented. I’m getting compliments on the systems from many users,” Vander Pol says.
At a glance
Salesforce® Applications & Features
Sales, Marketing, Proposal Management, Contract Management, Business Intelligence
70 across departments
Sales Cloud, Pardot
SpringCM, D&B Optimizer, Linked Sales Navigator
United BioSource is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. The company combines insight from data, understanding patient behavior and the science behind clinical specialties to help clients make more informed decisions and optimize patient care.